Become a Blockchain Specialist: Get Certified and Find a Job in Blockchain
Table of Contents
However, a high salary comes with greater responsibility and a demand for professional knowledge, and there are several skills that you will need to polish before applying for the position. This article explains the role of a blockchain specialist, the skills you need, and the best blockchain certifications and courses to master blockchain technology.
Benefits of Working as a Blockchain Specialist
What Do Blockchain Specialists Do?
- Understand thoroughly what blockchain technology is.
- Know how to convey the value of blockchain technology and how it can help a business, given the resources and knowledge of the company.
- Be able to pinpoint the unpractical or unreasonable parts of any blockchain projects and detect scammers that paint a rosy picture of their unrealistic projects..
- Know whether the projects are applicable given the technical and human resources of the team, how much time is needed to develop a specific blockchain project, how many team members should be involved to get the job done, and which team members should work on what aspects.
- Understand the potential risks and challenges that the team might encounter.
- Choose the right project to work on and focus on what truly brings value. Think about how many people you can impact with this blockchain project and how many people will be willing to pay for this solution.
After five to seven years of working as a blockchain specialist, you should learn to become a speaker and let yourself be seen in the blockchain space.
- Know how to showcase what you know, your experience, and your worth and value as a blockchain specialist.
How to Become a Blockchain Specialist?
– Yves-Michel Leporcher, Blockchain Expert at Renault
- Repetitive practice: This may sound like common sense, but it is impossible to master a skill without practicing, but few people have the patience and perseverance to keep learning. To get familiar with the technology, you need to keep learning, testing, practicing, repeating, and going through all the try-and-error. You will be able to detect the problems or bottlenecks of a blockchain project only if you have studied and tested it yourself before.
- Receive timely and accurate feedback: While repetition makes you master and understand your topic, the feedback from the right people prevents you from doing useless tasks. You can make immediate changes to optimize your performance. Find a mentor that has more advanced knowledge than you and is working on the topic on a daily basis to guide you.
- Create an environment to practice: The training to become a blockchain specialist requires reproducibility, and an environment that allows you to engage in deliberate practice is essential. For developers, you can use Ganache, the private Ethereum blockchain network, to test your smart contracts and execute commands for free.
- Go beyond your limits: After learning, practicing, testing, and optimizing, you have to step out of your comfort zone and challenge yourself with new skills. You will never master guitar if you keep practicing the same song, and you will never become a blockchain specialist if you do not learn something new.
Specific Skills You Need to Become a Blockchain Specialist
Let’s have a look a little deeper into some specific skills you can practice and test to become a blockchain specialist.
Technical Skills & Blockchain Knowledge
Study Different Blockchain Platforms
Therefore, understanding their differences and which platform is most suitable for a specific situation is one of the important jobs of a blockchain specialist. To fully understand the platforms, you can start with the whitepaper of these blockchain platforms and identify the characteristics and use cases.
Specialize in Various Programming Languages
Get an in-depth Understanding of Data Structures
Handle Blockchain-specific Vulnerabilities
European Tech School lecturer Yves-Michel Leporcher, Blockchain Expert at Renault, thoroughly explains all the possible security loopholes on blockchain networks and how to deal with attacks in the Certified Blockchain Expert program.
Research About Enterprise Business Models
Knowledge of Integrating Blockchain into Business
In most cases, your blockchain solution will have to integrate with the existing networks that the companies have, which is often complicated, so possessing both technical and business knowledge on interoperability will certainly come in handy.
Certifications & Networking
Obtain Blockchain Certifications
Build Your Professional Network
European Tech School lecturer Yves-Michel Leporcher shares that one of the best ways to kickstart your blockchain career is to reach out to professionals. You can ask them to explain something about their company or business models that you do not understand, share their work experience, or describe what it is like to have a job like theirs. Most people in the blockchain industry are friendly and willing to help. All you need to do is to pluck up the courage and ask!
European Tech School is building one of the biggest blockchain and Web3 learning communities in Europe. The photo was taken during the first ETS Coffee Talk event.
How to Be Certified as a Blockchain Specialist?
European Tech School: Certified Blockchain Expert Program
The syllabus of the 10-week Certified Blockchain Expert program in October 2022.
Blockchain specialist is a promising job in the blockchain space, but the high salary comes with greater responsibilities and higher demand for skills. Developing the skills takes time and effort, and joining a community will make learning a lot more interesting and efficient. It is also recommended to get a certification to showcase your skills and prove yourself worthy to employers.
So, start learning, connect with people, and try our Certified Blockchain Expert program! We wish you a happy learning journey to become a blockchain specialist!